Two passes down, one more to go. I’ve fixed a lot of weird spelling issues that I think have something to do with my keyboard getting ready to die. (I can’t say all of it was the keyboard–at one point I found an entire sentence that had lived on from an earlier draft, and had nothing to do with the scene it was currently inhabiting.) Some plot problems from the end of the book, which I freely admit to sending out as a hot mess. Better now, but I bet that by the time I’ve gone through everything and it’s ready for publication, I’ll have added 5k words to it. I’ve already added 1300.
I still get lost in parts. Places where I horrify myself, places where I’m just so relieved I forget I’m editing. I hope that means I’ve done my job properly.
Back to aligning the synopsis with the story. I strayed a little, but I don’t think it affected the story negatively. There were some things that just sounded better in précis than they did laid out completely in the text. I want to finish this tonight so I don’t have to worry about it tomorrow. I have one beta to get back to me and I think I’ve already hit most of the changes that have to be made. I might actually get this thing off early. 🙂